Thursday, October 13, 2011

What do you think?

You probably don't remember the way my blog looked a couple hours ago, but how do you like it now?  (Please be honest...nicely :) I thought the old site (black/white damask Blogger background- I haven't figured out the "print screen" deal yet) was too heavy and dramatic feeling...I had spent hours looking at different backgrounds, couldn't decide on one, so I went with it. 

Then, I saw someones blog (not sure who, I'm sorry!) with a Shabby Blog background that I really liked.  Several hours and about 15 different backgrounds later, I came up with what you see now.  If I had the time, I'd probably redesign it weekly, I love patterns and fonts and all that jazz.  This background made me happy to look at it, so hopefully, that feeling is conveyed to you.  If that weren't enough to convince me...it's called "sleeping porch" and I love to sleep, although my babies have yet to figure that out.

Shabby Blog has some really cute things you can grab for free:





(I, in NO way, represent Shabby Blogs, know anyone who does...I'm not being paid or offered anything...I just want to share this cute stuff.) 

I'm still working on creating a header, but I feel like once I decide on something, I won't be able to change it again...so I want to love it.  I may put some ideas that I'm thinking of here, to see what others think (it takes me forever to make decisions about this type of stuff!)

I'd love to hear what you think...I'm open to constructive criticism.


take care -

 

Follow Me on Pinterest

4 comments:

Myfriendscallmesuzy said...

Hey Erin, Thanks so much for stopping by again. I can totally relate to the adult conversation. I was having some issues with commenting yesterday, so I'm sorry I was just able to thank you for this today. I looked for an email on your blog but wasnt sure that you listed one. If you would like to email me you can at aprilgoesman@gmail.com. Also I love the new background.

CLD said...

Erin...thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving such sweet comments. Not to mention the Versatile Award. Wow!!! Oh, and I really like the way your blog looks...the colors are very cheerful and I also love the font you have used in your header it is darling!!! Have a lovely weekend. Bobbie

JoanieMc said...

Looks fantastic.

Christine@ Projects Around the House said...

I like the new design! I just used Shabby Blogs for a new background on my blog too. They have cute stuff. I really like your new header. I need to work on one of those. I understand about how hard it is to make a decision :)

Christine @ Projects Around the House

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...